PMC MB2 XBD SE Series Floorstanding Speakers Grand Walnut MINT Trade-InThe PMC MB2 XBD SE Loudspeaker – Building on the state-of-the-art performance of PMC's high-end three-way reference monitors (IB2, MB2, MB2 XBD & BB5), the SE range combines the finest traditions of British cabinet-making and cutting-edge acoustic research and development techniques.
Music lovers can enjoy even greater levels of musicality while appreciating the aesthetic beauty of these special edition models. Meticulous attention has been applied to hone the designs to new standards, adding new internal bracing, computer-modelled driver dispersion surrounds, and custom-designed, specially tuned stands.
All these elements contribute to the production of a purer musical signal, allowing the listener to come as close as possible to the original performance.
Our larger SE models are available in both active and passive versions. With passive loudspeakers, the choice of amplification is left open; passive designs work optimally with a correctly specified amplifier. Active designs take loudspeakers to another level; the amplification is precisely tailored to the specific designs and power requirements of the speaker, and is directly coupled to the drive units for superior control and a more efficient transfer of energy.
This increases headroom and resolution, improves transient performance, and produces a more life-like, natural-sounding and more powerful speaker. Active systems can also be adjusted to suit customer taste and the individual listening environment by means of frequency controls – and to guarantee optimum performance in situ, they are always tuned by our factory-trained installation engineers.
• Crossover Frequency: 380Hz - 3.8kHz
• Dimensions: H 1740mm 68.5” (+ 50mm spikes) x W 380mm 14.96” x D 535mm 21”
• Drive Units: LF - 2 x PMC 12” 310mm Radial™ driver, HF - 27mm SONOLEX™ soft dome Ferrofluid cooled, MF - PMC75 SE - 75mm soft dome
• Effective ATL™ Length: 2 x 3m 10ft
• Frequency Response: 20Hz-25kHz
• Impedance: 4 Ohm
• Input Connectors: 3 pairs 4mm sockets (Tri-Wire or Tri-Amp)
• Sensitivity: 93dB 1w 1m
• Recommended Amp Power: 10 - 800W
• Recommended Drive Unit Torque Settings: HF: 0.6Nm MF: 1Nm LF: 3Nm
Weight: 116kg (255.7lbs)